Flutter Entertainment is a global sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of leading international brands and operations. Our vision is to be a global leader in online sports betting and gaming. Our purpose is to deliver a vibrant and safe sports betting and gaming experience to our customers around the world.
Continuous innovation across product, marketing, technology, and responsible gambling practices, coupled with a world-class creative team combine to create a leading proposition for our customers. We combine strong existing shareholder returns with a significant growth opportunity in new markets.
The Procurement function in Flutter is now responsible for the governance/management of £5bn third-party spend. The business has grown 5x in the last 5 years and we expect to grow 3x in the next 3-5 years. We are building a global procurement function that is fit for purpose and best practice for Flutter.
To ensure a cohesive and coordinated approach to Transformation and Portfolio management across the Group, this will be led by the Director of Procurement Transformation and strategy. This newly created role will report to the Group Procurement & Property Director - Jack McMahon.
It’s purpose is to drive strategic transformation and elevate talent capability across the CFO organisation of the Flutter Group. To achieve this it will define and coordinate delivery of a long-term transformation and strategy across Procurement globally. Provide leadership, direction, support, guidance, insight, and oversight encompassing the CFO transformation and talent agenda.
Primary responsibilities of this role
- Facilitate and lead on strategic change across the Procurement organisation of the Flutter Group. Act as catalyst and co-ordinator in the development of a long-term vision for the function, and creation of a multi-year roadmap for change.
- Foster strong collaboration across the global Procurement leadership team and establish cross-divisional relationships with to ensure alignment on transformation and talent development goals on a global scale.
- Lead in defining, planning, mobilising, and facilitating execution of the transformation strategy for Group and Divisional CFO functions.
- Identify and prioritize transformation initiatives, ensuring successful implementation, and monitoring results.
- Establish the appropriate governance structures, reporting processes, project management tools with risk, issues and dependencies managed.
- Depending on the transformation operating model designed and implemented, lead complex, cross-functional projects to successful outcomes, including managing budgets and timelines, and metrics for the effectiveness of initiatives and return on investment.
- Manage any third-party vendor(s) in liaison with our Procurement teams ensuring that all contractual and SLA obligations are managed and adhered to
- Define, track, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the success of transformation programs across regions.
Key Leadership Attributes
- Building support : Has close relationships with all relevant stakeholders and is able to leverage it to draw their support towards the global Finance transformation and talent development strategies. Is effective in promoting a wider understanding of the strategic initiatives.
- Collaborative : Works collaboratively and in partnership with our stakeholders on shared goals. Consistently seeks out and facilitates the sharing of others' ideas and perspectives and positively impacts the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Adaptable : Understands other perspectives and is not hesitant to adapt an approach to achieve a successful outcome. Mostly effective in managing change through applying insights from others and lessons learned from others.
- Objective : Able to act with impartiality and remain fair in all situations. Often defines criteria and identifies all relevant perspectives before making a recommendation or decision.
- Strategic thinking : Demonstrates a good understanding of overall Group and Group Finance Procurement strategic objectives. Mostly able to apply strategic knowledge to specific initiatives and/or decision-making.
- Strategic communication : Provides timely and helpful information to others. Able to flex communication style to meet the needs of various audiences (Group/Divisions/locations). Mindful to listen to different perspectives and able to provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrable experience of managing global change programmes for a digital organisation; ideally in a federated operating model
- Extensive programme management experience preferably in large-scale Procurement/Finance change programmes.
- Experience and understanding of Procurement/Finance processes and ways of working, including the shaping of operating models, is an advantage.
- Experience in Strategic Development roles.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Superb organisational skills.
- Previous experience of managing third party vendors.
We believe that diversity is power. Our global team represents 75 different nationalities, speaking 62 languages across five continents. We celebrate and champion our differences and believe in creating a level playing field for all. A playing field that has fair odds for everyone, where people feel empowered to work better in an environment that not only values difference but draws on it.