Flutter Group Functions/International Finance Graduate Scheme – September 2024 start.
At Flutter, our graduate programme isn’t just a stepping stone, it is the ultimate playbook to be the best in the game!
On this graduate scheme, you will embark on a thrilling journey across two of our divisions: Group Functions and Flutter International.
- Group Functions is at the heart of all things Flutter, this division powers and protects our world class brands to give us the Flutter Edge. This division looks after a lot of the corporate activity you would expect with running a multi-billion-pound FTSE 25 company.
- Flutter International is home to some of the world’s most innovative entertainment brands; PokerStars, Betfair International, Junglee Games, Adjarabet, Sisal and Singular. These brands and teams stretch from one end of the globe to the other, and they empower their people to put the player at the forefront of everything they do – making everyone here, the players champion.
On this graduate scheme, you will get to dive into four fantastic finance departments over a three-year rotation scheme, each lasting nine months. As you gain hands-on experience, you will also receive full exam support to pursue professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA or ACCA.
About the scheme
The rotations for our 2024 grads are:
- The Group Reporting team
- The Client Funds team
- The International Commercial team
- The International Reporting team
In the Group Reporting team, your role will involve working closely with various functions within the Finance team, where you will be accurately recording and timely reporting of financial and management information across all aspects of the business. You will assist in accurate and timely reporting of weekly revenue to the business, assist in month end close and consolidation process, coordinate changes to Chart of Accounts and ensure compliance with CSO and other statutory compliance forms.
In the Client Funds team, your role will involve helping to being responsible for efficient control and management of £350m of customer cash, the safeguarding of which is an integral part of Flutter’s strategy. You will accurately identify and reconcile all customer account balance impacting transactions, daily reconciliation of all client deposit and withdrawals, transfer of funds to/from products and promotional credits issued.
In the International Reporting team, your role will involve developing the core accounting skills required for future finance leaders encompassing internal management accounting reporting as well as statutory reporting. You will develop the technical accounting skills required for your professional qualifications, as well as understanding the composition of a first-class internal controls’ environment. The core output of this team is the delivery of accurate and timely financial and management information, both internally to the executive management team, as well as externally to shareholders and the wider investment community.
In the International Commercial team, your role will involve helping the Finance Business Partner support the Commercial team. You will work closely with the accounting team to ensure cost expenses are posted correctly, support cost centre owners with queries, being the main point of contact for finance matters. On this rotation, you will learn how to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Achieved or on course for a minimum of a 2.1 in your degree.
- The ambition to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- The motivation for career progression, at the end of this graduate programme, you could be a fully qualified Accountant.
- The flexibility to work well in teams and on your own.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You should know, and love what we do here at Flutter!
Timelines to be aware of:
- Applications close on 17 December 2023.
- Online Assessment: Candidates that meet our specifications will be invited to complete an online video assessment through HireVue from the 18 December 2023 – 19 January 2024.
- In Person Assessment: If you have been successful in the online video assessment round, you will be invited to in-person team assessment centre in our Dublin office in February/March 2024. This will be your chance to check out our fantastic office and meet the hiring managers and current/past grads.
- Start Date: The programme will commence on 2 September 2024.
Completing one of the above accounting qualifications is a requirement of this scheme.
Attendance in the Dublin office 2 days a week is required.
Flutter is an equal-opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your HR record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Flutter roles.
We do not offer any sponsorship or visa support for this position; you must have the necessary right to work to be considered. This is a full-time role (40 hours per week), and so applicants on student visa’s cannot be considered.