The Flutter Internal Controls team is a Group Function and a key part of the Flutter governance framework and an important component of the ‘second line of defence’. It has a remit across both Group and all divisions / companies and is responsible for the roll out of the SOX workstream of the planned US listing.
The role requires an individual to support the Director of Internal Controls in ensuring that the IT control environment meet SOX standards, as Flutter move into a US Listing.
The role reports into the Group Director of Internal Controls. The role may require a small amount of travel, up to a maximum of 10%.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, preparation and completion of the assigned IT Internal Controls plan in accordance with defined quality standards and deadlines.
Identify develop and, where applicable, help implement IT General Computing Controls here at Flutter
• Setting and promoting high standards of work and ensuring high standard quality documentation and test scripts are delivered on a consistent and timely basis
• Communicating and reporting deficiency findings to management
• Monitoring management’s responses and implementation of agreed remediation plans
• Ensuring effective business changes are introduced as a result of deficiency findings.
• Continuously communicating with Internal Controls Senior Management on the progress to plan
• Suggesting beneficial changes to Internal Controls methodologies and procedures
• Liaising with external auditors as required
• Supporting submissions to the audit committee and addressing their queries
• Working with the Director of Internal Controls, internal controls colleagues, InfoSec and Heads of Technology, to improve internal control
• Building strong professional relationships with peers and management in the business
• Educated to degree level. Additional IT Audit (CISA) or IT Security (CISM, CISSP) qualifications required
• Minimum of 5 years audit experience in enterprise environments – previous experience of the gambling sector would be advantageous but is not essential
• Advanced understanding of IT General Computing Controls (ITGCs)
• Competent knowledge of IT and Information Security operations, policies and procedures in areas such as Windows Active Directory, Unix/Linux, databases
Knowledge of cloud architecture (AWS, GCP or Azure), operational frameworks and security controls would be beneficial
• Ability to identify issues and associated risks, and provide practical solutions to a wide range of Internal Controls issues
• Capability to understand the complex regulatory environment in the gambling sector
• Candidate required to travel occasionally
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies:
• Ability to influence change at all levels of management
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) to all levels of management and write meaningful reports and presentations
• The ability to develop and establishing strong working relationships
• Excellent attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality results
• Highly motivated, proactive and able to work on own initiative