The Flutter Group Reward team are responsible for managing reward programs that operate cross-divisionally across the Flutter Group as well as assisting in the design and implementation of compelling and competitive compensation, benefits, mobility, and total reward solutions that meet the needs of our Divisions, Brands, and people.
Operating within the Flutter Group Reward Team, the Group Compensation Team are responsible for leading the development and management of our job architecture and compensation structures (Flutter levels) which enable the application of consistent, fair, and competitive compensation practices. The team also provide SME support to all our Divisional Reward teams and other key stakeholders. around job architecture, levelling, salary benchmarking and other compensation practices.
As a key member of this team, the Compensation Lead will input into the development of strategy and lead on its operationalisation by establishing a deep understanding of the divisional business and people challenges and provide guidance on how these can be supported through the evolution and development of compensation practice – with particular focus on defining and implementing policy and process that best suits the business by being managed centrally or enabled through our global reward communities of practice. As an experienced senior reward manager, the Compensation Lead will also mentor other team members will particular emphasis on further developing our business engagement, education, planning and delivery capabilities.
- Leads our compensation fairness workstream; focuses on understanding the legislative and best practice landscape; works with the pay transparency project team, other specialist group teams and cross-divisionally to define, develop and implement appropriate policy, process, tools, and technology to aid and ensure compliance.
- Learns and becomes proficient in Flutter job architecture levelling and benchmarking policy and processes; acts as a peer reviewer of roles that are potentially Executive level or where assistance or peer review of other roles or structures is required; provides consultancy advice to group and divisional stakeholders around levelling and alignment to Flutter job architecture; supports levelling projects; In conjunction with the Data SME manages the Executive benchmarking data, job profiles and salary ranges.
- Leads research and development of alternate or innovative approaches e.g., moving from a base salary to total reward benchmarking.
- Assists in the set up and management of “compensation communities of practice” covering compensation policy and practice topical to cross-divisional working; collaborates with the team and divisional stakeholders to identify opportunities for alignment and\or improvement; helps define the business case for change and the development of appropriate solutions and toolkits.
- Assists the Head of Compensation in team budgeting, planning and development; collaborates directly with other team members as a mentor, ensuring the creation of, and the successful and timely implementation against, stakeholder maps, project, and communication plans for our core programs (salary budgeting, market data and pay ranges, job architecture). Leans in and lends support and expertise wherever necessary to aid delivery and to facilitate team learning and development.
- Deputises for the Head of Compensation as required. Leads delivery of ad-hoc and project requests, including cross-divisional compensation initiatives and integration projects, as necessary.
Skills, Experience & Capabilities
- A strong reward business partner used to operating at the senior reward manager level with experience of working in both corporate\CoE and divisional\subsidiary reward teams (has awareness of the different priorities and pace of the team types).
- Proven ability to successfully build productive relationships with stakeholders and generate collaboration across multiple and cross-divisional stakeholders to deliver reward change initiatives. Demonstrable experience of success in educating, coaching and/or challenging stakeholders to ensure alignment with reward policy and process.
- Experience in defining, designing, and delivering compensation structures – job architecture/job evaluation, salary and other pay ranges and bands. Familiarity with pay transparency legislation and trends; prior experience of developing reward communications. Adept at using data & insights, comfortable using data & insights to generate discussion and drive decision making.
- Proficient project management capability with focus on delivery excellence; experience of developing and delivering project initiatives from concept through to delivery while working in a cross-divisional and\or functional format. Prior experience of managing and mentoring team members, and effectively delivering work through the management of others both directly and indirectly
- Prior Workday implementation and user experience and\or understanding of Workday (or equivalent) compensation configuration and processing capabilities.
- Able to deliver at pace, while maintaining a focus on working collaboratively and accurately. Excellent communicator – able to articulate complex messages in a straightforward and adaptable way.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.