Job Title: Category Mgr. – Customer Operations / Group Category Management Team
Reports to: Director – Supplier Partnerships + Category Mgt.
Flutter Entertainment is a global sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of leading international brands and operations. Our vision is to be a global leader in online sports betting and gaming. Our purpose is to deliver a vibrant and safe sports betting and gaming experience to our customers around the world.
Continuous innovation across product, marketing, technology and responsible gambling practices, coupled with a world-class creative team combine to create a leading proposition for our customers. We combine strong existing shareholder returns with a significant growth opportunity in new markets.
The Procurement function in Flutter is now responsible for the governance of external third party spend of over £4.9bn per annum across the various business units. Business Owners are supported in the management of this spend by a Sourcing team based in each of the four business units and by the Procurement Services team which helps manage supplier risk, key systems, and contract management. To ensure a cohesive and co-ordinated approach to supplier spend management across the Group, Flutter has a group Category Management team led by the Director - Global Supplier Partnerships and Category Management.
The Category Manager – Customer Operations is a strategic role within this team responsible for procurement category planning and strategy across our global Payments / Fraud and CS spend. A key element of the role is leading on strategic business partnering with Global suppliers across all our Group brands to optimise their spend. The ability to influence at Brand Director and LT level is critical to this role to achieve cross divisional co-ordination of projects and strategies.
Leadership on category planning / savings budgets and project management across Flutters four Divisional Procurement teams is a vital aspect of this role. It requires strong influencing and organisational skills to gain cross divisional alignment on Cust Ops category spend management, helping set and deliver long term vision and priorities for the category and inspiring divisional category managers to follow.
Primary Responsibilities of this Role:
- Establishing strong relationships with Brand Director and Divisional LT. level internal business stakeholders; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities and translating that across key global Cust Ops suppliers and strategic partners
- Developing global category sourcing strategies and spend management plans for Cust Ops to deliver against business objectives as well as working with and giving strategic direction to Divisional Category teams to do the same – delivering the full wrap of category planning across all Flutter Customer Operations spend
- Driving Cust Ops contract renewal and synergy savings on a global basis
- Continually driving team and those around you to do more
- Supporting the overall Group CM team as necessary to cover a/l etc.
- Acting as a “trusted advisor” to Senior Flutter Brand leaders in terms of supplier intelligence and spend management
- Evaluating supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis from industry sources
- Managing the fundamentals of Flutters Global sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation in partnership with Divisional Category Managers
- Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement strategies and maintaining procurement ethics and governance in accordance with Flutter’s global policies
- Preparing and holding business reviews with Cust Ops strategic global supplier and stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges
- To help lead and motivate the cross divisional Cust Ops Category Management and BI team to deliver to the highest standards for Flutter
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant strategic sourcing experience in a Senior category management role with a multinational corporation with global contracts
- Proven leadership skills dealing with diverse team members and colleagues / proven ability to manage a small agile team
- The ability to manage up and down the chain in a large complex organisation
- In-depth experience in best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench-marking, RFX, end to end contract management, etc.).
- Business Degree or relevant CIPS qualification
- Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations
- Strong experience assessing risk and concisely explaining complex issues to key business owners.
- Extremely customer-focused and takes the time to understand the needs of the business
- Experienced in working in a large, global, federal organisation
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly analyse, distil and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data and lead a team specialising in this space
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passionate self-starter with the highest level of integrity and ethics