The Flutter Internal Controls team is a Group Function and a key part of the Flutter governance framework and an important component of the ‘second line of defence’. It has a remit across both Group and all divisions / companies and is responsible for the roll out of the SOX workstream of the planned US listing.
The role requires an individual to support the Director of Internal Controls in ensuring that the IT control environment meet SOX standards, as Flutter move into a US Listing.
The role reports into the Director of Internal Controls. The role may require a small amount of travel, up to a maximum of 10%.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing both design adequacy and operating effectiveness testing of the assigned systems / ITGCs in accordance with defined quality standards and deadlines;
- Identify develop and, where applicable, help implement IT General Computing Controls here at Flutter;
- Ensuring high standard quality documentation and test scripts are delivered on a consistent and timely basis;
- Communicating and reporting deficiency findings to management;
- Monitoring management’s responses and implementation of agreed remediation plans ;
- Ensuring effective business changes are introduced as a result of deficiency findings;
- Liaising with internal and external auditors as required;
- Working with the Director of Internal Controls, Internal Controls IT Manager, internal controls colleagues, InfoSec and Heads of Technology, to improve internal control;
- Building strong professional relationships with peers and management in the business.
- Educated to degree level. Additional IT Audit (CISA) or IT Security (CISM, CISSP) qualifications required;
- Audit experience in enterprise environments – previous experience of the gambling sector would be advantageous but is not essential;
- Advanced understanding of IT General Computing Controls (ITGCs);
- Competent knowledge of IT and Information Security operations, policies and procedures in areas such as Windows Active Directory, Unix/Linux, databases;
- Knowledge of cloud architecture (AWS, GCP or Azure), operational frameworks and security controls would be beneficial;
- Ability to identify issues and associated risks, and provide practical solutions to a wide range of Internal Controls issues;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Ability to influence change at all levels of management;
- Strong analytical and technical skills;
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) to all levels of management;
- The ability to develop and establish strong working relationships;
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality results;
- Highly motivated, proactive, and able to work on own initiative;
- Be a great team player.