SOX Senior Auditor
Location: Leeds or Dublin
The Flutter Internal Controls team is a Group Function and a key part of the Flutter governance framework and an important component of the ‘second line of defence’. It has a remit across both Group and all divisions / companies and is responsible for the roll out of the SOX workstream of the planned US listing.
The role requires an individual to support the Director of Internal Controls in ensuring that the control environment meet SOX standards, as Flutter move into a US Listing.
The role reports into the SOX Audit Manager. The role may require a small amount of travel, up to a maximum of 10%.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, preparation and completion of the assigned Internal Controls plan in accordance with defined quality standards and deadlines.
Identify develop and, where applicable, help implement Internal Controls here at Flutter
• Setting and promoting high standards of work and ensuring high standard quality documentation and test scripts are delivered on a consistent and timely basis
• Communicating and reporting deficiency findings to management
• Monitoring management’s responses and implementation of agreed remediation plans
• Ensuring effective business changes are introduced as a result of deficiency findings.
• Continuously communicating with Internal Controls Senior Management on the progress to plan
• Liaising with external auditors as required
• Working with the Director of Internal Controls, internal controls colleagues and Finance / Business Heads, to improve internal control
• Building strong professional relationships with peers and management in the business
• Fully / part qualified in a relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIA)
• A sound knowledge of auditing principles and standards
• Knowledge and experience of SOX type controls
• Ability to identify issues and associated risks, and provide practical solutions to a wide range of Internal Controls issues
• Experience of working with controls including implementation and monitoring whilst reporting any assurance performance to stakeholders.
• Candidate required to travel occasionally
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies:
• Ability to build positive working relationships within the business
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) to all levels of management and write insightful reports and presentations
• Highly motivated, proactive and able to work on own initiative
• Be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
• Be a great team player