Flutter is a FTSE 30 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of £6Bn. Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides its 18M customers excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way. With +17,000 employees and +20 offices globally the Group operates four business divisions which house our distinctive customer brands and a Group Functions division which leverages our scale and Flutter Edge to powers and protect all our brands globally. The Group Functions employee population is ca 3,000 and growing, with core locations in UK, Ireland, Portugal and Romania.
People Partner - The Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our People Group Functions Team!
As People Partner, you will partner with business leaders to enable and drive our people agenda. Contribute to the delivery of functional people plans that enable business objectives as their agenda evolves. Provide support across the employee lifecycle and deliver initiatives that enhance the culture, capacity and capability required to build engaged high-performing inclusive teams across the function.
- Contribute to the delivery of people plans across the relevant business portfolio to make us the natural home for the world’s best talent by attracting, developing and empowering to thrive the people who power and protect the growing family of Flutter brands
- Partner with business leaders to deliver their business objectives through their people and talent agenda
- Provide support across the manager population that equips them to lead engaged high-performing inclusive teams
- Collaborate with relevant HR centres of excellence and other relevant stakeholders to support the delivery of a seamless experience across the employee lifecycle
- Build strong relationships across with relevant stakeholder groups across the evolving landscape of our divisions, brands and locations across Flutter
- Partner with business leaders to support organisation design, workforce planning and changes initiatives designed to ensure that functional structures enable the achievement of their strategies
- Deploy coaching and development support Interventions to grow core manager capability
- Effectively embed core people processes across the employee lifecycle and encompassing reward & recognition, engagement, talent, performance and DEI
- Apply people analytics and insights to inform, monitor and assess our decisions and initiatives
- Ensure compliance with and continually optimise our HR processes and policies
Skills & Experience
- Relevant 5+ years experience as a people partner in dynamic global environments
- Experience within a rapidly changing work environment
- Strong drive to deliver at pace with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to identify problems and offer pragmatic and simple solutions
- Strong focus on customer service
- Ability to work effectively with teams and senior managers
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise own work as well as that work of others
- Strong commerciality
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.