We are a FTSE 40 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of over £4bn. Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides its 13 million customers excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way. Brands include Junglee, Paddy Power, Sky Betting and Gaming, Betfair, Sportsbet, FanDuel, and PokerStars.
Our vision for global technology is to achieve competitive advantage for our divisions by collaborating on areas of technology that benefit from our global scale, while maintaining divisional autonomy in other areas.
At Flutter we have over 18,000 talented employees around the world who all share a common set of traits: competitiveness, agility, integrity and a relentless focus on delivering the highest standards of entertainment to our customers in a safe and responsible way. If you are searching for an opportunity to work for the world's leading and most innovative sports betting and gaming company, you might be interested in this role.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can be involved in driving Procurement Transformation across a global company? Do you like working towards a shared goal with supportive colleagues in a fast-paced, respectful, and flexible working environment? Are you a driven procurement professional who seeks to challenge the status quo and extract holistic value from third-party spending and supplier relationships?
Over the next number of years Flutter is embarking on a Procurement Transformation Programme and one of the transformation’s key pillars is to transform our procurement operating model. We are beginning this journey by transitioning to a hybrid procurement operating model involving both offshore shared services support centres and onshore strategic procurement teams. The programme’s goal is to accelerate the maturity of the procurement function, drive Sustainability strategy, foster innovation within procurement, drive supplier risk management practices, steer simplification and cost efficiency within the procurement function’s operations, and unlock value in existing supplier relationships.
The Procurement Transformation Team’s Operating Model Workstream Lead is a key strategic role managing this holistic organisational change and in this role you will take responsibility for leading and managing a team to identify issues in the existing procurement structure, deliver significant and sustained benefits, and a pipeline of opportunities for future improvements across the procurement function through the adoption of best practice approaches to strategic sourcing, supplier relationship and performance management and category management.
The Procurement Transformation Team’s Operating Model Workstream Lead’s role will involve:
- Manage the End-to-End, integrated Operating Model Transformation Roadmap across the Transformational initiatives reflecting appropriate timelines and dependencies. Partner with other programme managers, reconcile competing priorities, align complementary initiatives, and build consensus among internal and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Lead a range of projects and initiatives, providing structure through the full project cycle. Work with stakeholders to define project scope, secure support and resources for execution and rollout processes that improve operations.
- Coordinate preparation and execution of transformation update meetings, including draft agendas, build/develop presentation materials, coordinate with internal stakeholders on materials, track decisions, outcomes and follow up action items.
- Assess transformation governance and processes to identify solutions proactively that fill critical gaps in organizational knowledge, operations, and consistency.
- Leading in the delivery of our service transformation programme to customers, to create a sustainable model for the future, focusing on systems and developing operational capability across all teams, capturing wider business projects and dependencies to ensure that programme goals are reached within budget, timescales and with minimal/manageable risks.
- The ability to act as an SME over time with responsibility to develop and understand all Op Model workstream objectives, deliverables, plans, requirements, and concepts.
- Challenging our existing ways of working, collaborating with communities of stakeholders, and driving change and pace of change.
- Developing procurement change management plans for projects and/or change initiatives as well as evaluating the risks and impacts of planned organisational change.
- Identifying and managing anticipated resistance to change by leading change management work streams with a structured methodology and process. Working in partnership with stakeholders strategising, implementing, and maintaining program initiatives.
- Leverage data insights to measure results and encouraging colleagues to use data as a tool to enable change.
- Driving the implementation and use of automation and innovation in the procurement process to support effective service delivery and benefits.
- Partner with key procurement leaders to understand their objectives, technology roadmaps, and process changes to execute in alignment with and manage expectations.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional internal stakeholders to create detailed project plans, organise, and direct the completion of large, complex business transformation projects while managing risks and issues to minimise scope, budget, and schedule impacts.
- Identify risks, dependencies, and issues across the programme’s other workstreams. Develop mitigation strategies and coordinate mitigation actions to meet the broader Flutter organisational goals, milestones, and objectives.
- Day to day ownership of project delivery, proactively building trusted working relationships with procurement and cross-functional leaders and technology partners to drive alignment, increase collaboration and optimise project operations.
- Ensure appropriate sponsorship and align stakeholders around initiative goals. Collaborate globally to influence key stakeholders on project scope/vision, solutions, budget, and schedule.
- Clearly communicate project strategy, updates, escalation of risks/issues to project stakeholders, levels of management, including executive leadership teams across the organisation
- Establish communications cadence to ensure appropriate programme governance. Facilitate weekly project team meetings to focus and accelerate project execution.
- Responsible for delivering the business case to expected timeline/budget, ensuring business case and benefits management tracking throughout the programme lifecycle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree in business, or related field.
- Several years of project management experience leading business transformation and/or process transformation initiatives on an enterprise scale in a cross-functional, global, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge about state-of-the-art Procurement core Source-to-Contract platforms (eg: Coupa) and relevant state-of-the-art procurement solutions (e.g., third party risk management, ESG, operational procurement etc.) building the ecosystem.
- Knowledge about Flutter's internal Procurement, Compliance, risk management processes are a plus.
- Knowledge of project and program management approaches/ methodology, planning, execution, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Prior experience in organisational design, target operating model design & implementation & process excellence or continuous improvement a bonus.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills; as well as strong cross functional communication skills to drive change Group-wide across Flutter.
- Must be detailed, motivated, solution-oriented individual that can work well with internal stakeholders and external partners at all levels, and as needed. The ability to execute effectively while collaborating across teams and global locations will be key to success in this role.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Project Management certifications.
- Experience in previous cross-functional and global collaboration-based projects in a multi-national context and driven by consensus based decision making.
- Knowledge of existing procurement processes and practice at Flutter is considered a distinct advantage.