Transformation Programme Manager
We are considering applicants in – London/Leeds/Dublin
Style of work – Hybrid (Flexible, let’s discuss!)
Are you a Programme Manager who enjoys leveraging scale to provide solutions at a strategic group wide level? As part of this role, you will be involved in leading the planning and managing delivery of a strategic group wide Procurement Transformation.
Your role will be a part of the new Group COO function, Flutter Group Procurement, which will play a key role in leveraging our scale and enabling Flutter’s Edge, by providing frameworks and solutions to ensure we maximise value and mitigate risk across all aspects of our growing 3rd-party spend profile. Procurement Transformation will deliver increased value to our business through realising operational efficiencies across people, processes and technology, and by positioning the team as Strategic Partners to our brands and divisions as our spend profile grows toward £8bn per annum.
There are 3 key initiatives in scope that will benefit how Procurement will be positioned as a Strategic Partner to the Group and Divisions into the future:
- Optimised Operating Model
- Digitisation (new tooling; Source to Contract - Coupa)
- Group-wide Spend and Supplier Management
In order to develop a fully integrated programme plan, it will be necessary to align with key group and divisional programmes to identify and manage key dependencies between initiatives
Who are we?
We’re a FTSE 40 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of over £4bn. Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides its 13 million customers excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way. Brands include Paddy Power, Sky Betting and Gaming, Betfair, Sportsbet, FanDuel, and PokerStars.
Our vision for global technology is to achieve competitive advantage for our divisions by collaborating on areas of technology that benefit from our global scale, while maintaining divisional autonomy in other areas.
What can you expect to be involved with?
- Leading the programme team, including project managers, analysts and change/strategy partners
- Define and manage Programme scope and plans for the delivery of the Procurement Transformation; from inception, through delivery and to close-out
- Manage all aspects of the Programme plan, ensuring milestones are met, dependencies managed (both internally and externally across programmes), budgets are managed and desired outcomes are achieved
- Supporting the Programme Lead to identify success critieria; across both delivery and people-focused change domains.
- Engaging senior stakeholders across the business; up to and including C-suite.
- Proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action as required
- To align with the Shared Service Centre programme as well as other key areas of demand, for example Global Technology teams - to establish an integrated programme plan with key milestones and dependencies identified
- To establish the appropriate governance structures, reporting processes, project management tools with risk, issues and dependencies managed
- To manage any third-party vendor(s) in liaison with our Procurement teams ensuring that all contractual and SLA obligations are managed and adhered to
- Demonstrable experience of managing global change programmes for a digital organisation; ideally in a federated operating model
- Strong professional experience in programme management preferably in large scale procurement change programmes
- Experience and understanding of Procurement processes and ways of working, including the shaping of operating models, is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Superb organisational skills
- Previous experience of managing third party vendors
- Experience operating in a matrix management Programme Management Delivery role
- UK/I - Uncapped Holiday Allowance (you read that right!)
- Enhanced Pension Scheme (please ask for your location and we will share!)
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance, Income protection, Private healthcare (with option to add dependent)
- £1,000 annual self-development learning fund & Access to thousands of Udemy courses
- Invest via the Company Share save Scheme, Discount vouchers, Volunteering days.
- ‘Take 20’ work from another location for up to 20 days
- Enhanced Parental Leave Policy – eg. Maternity up to 52 weeks which includes paid time off for appointments.
- On-site Gym, Canteen and Gaming area
At Flutter we’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.
Our Work Experience is the combination of everything that's unique about us: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our commitment to sustainability, our recognition programs, but most importantly, it's our people. Our employees are self-disciplined, hardworking, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make choices according to what is best for the team, they live for opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make us one of the Top Workplaces in the area.
Our values /attributes
- Building support: Close relationships with all relevant stakeholders which can be used to draw their support towards the Group technology strategy and is effective in promoting a wider understanding of our strategic initiatives.
- Collaborative: Working in partnership with our stakeholders on shared goals. Consistently seeking out and facilitates the sharing of others' ideas and perspectives and positively impacting the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Adaptable: Understanding other perspectives and not hesitant to adapt an approach in order to achieve a successful outcome. Mostly effective in managing change through applying insights from others and lessons learned from others.
- Objective: Able to act with impartiality and remain fair in all situations. Often defines criteria and identifies all relevant perspectives before making a recommendation or decision.
- Strategic thinking: Demonstrates a good understanding of overall Group and Group Technology strategic objectives. Mostly able to apply strategic knowledge to specific initiatives and/or decision making. Can consider and explore scenarios and possibilities to help Divisions succeed.
- Strategic communication: Provides timely and helpful information to others. Able to flex communication style to meet the needs of various audiences (Divisions/locations). Mindful to listen to different perspectives and able to provide constructive feedback.