HR Policy, Audit & Compliance Manager
Flutter is currently undergoing an exciting HR transformation, establishing a cross-divisional Global HR Operations function underpinned by Workday as the global people technology platform. This People Centre of Excellence will deliver agile, scalable HR services and a high quality experience to Flutter's brands and divisions. This includes a new Specialist Services support function partnering with specialist HR teams to drive and support in areas including, reward; talent, engagement, and learning; audit, policy, and compliance.
The HR Policy, Audit & Compliance Manager will play a key role working with people related compliance, Employee relations, policy & audit activities across UK&I, International and Group.
Reporting to the HR Specialist Service Lead they will be supporting across a variety of regulatory and people related compliance activities across all divisions across all the countries which Flutter operates in.
This includes HR audit, data protection, record keeping, HR policy & legislation along with leading the HR PAC team in all elements of wider employee relations activities as we build this area within the function.
The role will be looking after a team of compliance professionals and as such requires someone with previous team management experience ideally in a federate model.
- Management of the HR ROPA (record of processing activities) & HR risk register for the HR Operations function
- Provide Employee relations support and advice when needed on complex matters & escalations including RTW, visas as the ER service is mobilised within the business
- Liaise with Legal to review and validate new or changing HR policy documentation
- Management of a team of 3 HR compliance professionals, providing guidance, support and direction on all HR policy & compliance issues both in the UK and across several countries which we operate
- The lead representative for all HR audit matters aligned with the HR calendar being able to mobilise wider teams within the business to obtain relevant information needed to demonstrate compliance, along with documenting all audit outcomes
- Contribute and update all HR divisional wide policies as required with global legislation changes and the creation of new policies as the business requirements change and evolve
- Custodian of the wider HR documentation including contracts, HR templates and legal documents across all divisions
- Work closely with various stakeholders. increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting the HR community to understand and interpret HR policy
- Attend the periodic audit & compliance meetings in all divisions as required to keep abreast of emerging audit requirements within the business and impact on the HR deliverables, ensuring that all follow up actions are managed to a timely completion through the team
- Take an active role in supporting regional or global projects as may be delegated by the HR Operations leadership team
- Provide the link between the divisional DPOs and the HR team
The ideal candidate experiences:
- Previous experience in a HR Shared Service environment, ideally with knowledge of HR transactional activities and understanding of the customer service side of HR delivery along with supporting with
- Ideally have experience working across a global model ideally in a federate business
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policy & legislation along with business processes pertaining to the employee life cycle including expertise in HR regulatory change, including research, policy development, interpretation, communication, and implementation.
- Demonstrate understanding of the audit process across HR services and technology dealing with external and internal auditors.
- Proven experience working in a complex organisation that requires high detail orientation, sound judgment and strong analytical skills.
- Experience in coordinating audits and a good understanding of data protection principles and its impact both legally and commercially
- Management experience of supporting, coaching and leading a small team of HR professionals
Key Skills & Personal Attributes
- Integrity and judgement with regards to escalation of regulatory related breaches and actions – able to think quickly and logically
- Having a high level of attention to detail with a risk oriented focus, with some previous experience in understanding the HR legislation & landscape
- Self-starter and flexible, and can navigate in a fast paced changing environment
- Forward thinker driving results through a team, delivering at speed
- Forward thinker with the ability to think ahead of implications of in the moment
Confident, able to provide direction and support in a complex changing environment