Position: Treasury Bank Reconciliations Analyst
Reporting to: Corporate Control Accountant
Department: Global Financial Control
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Corporate Bank Reconciliations team. The team is responsible for efficient control and management of corporate bank accounts, the safeguarding of which is an integral part of Flutter’s Global Financial Control strategy.
The role would be responsible for accurate and timely reconciliation of cash in corporate bank accounts, as well as helping to reconcile and manage retail store cash floats and bank accounts.
- Preparing Corporate bank account reconciliations according to tight reporting deadlines (daily/weekly/monthly) and ensuring that outstanding reconciliation items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Reconciliation and management of retail store cash floats and bank accounts.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues within the Finance department and the wider business (e.g. with Retail, Payments and Online Operations teams) and proactively responding to and resolving queries or urgent issues.
- Managing relationships across geographical locations, with many key stakeholders being situated in Dublin.
- Completion of month-end bank reconciliations.
- Effective and timely communication with managers and team members.
- Awareness of the financial control framework and an ability to identify potential risks.
Skills & Experience
- Strong educational background (although to degree level is not essential)
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn combined with a proactive approach to work and a desire to progress.
- Proficient in use of standard IT packages (especially Excel) and good system skills.
- Out-going, professional and positive approach, combined with good time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of attention to detail and trustworthiness due to sensitive nature of information.
- Proactivity and innovation – capacity to take the initiative to identify improvements in process and assist management in implementation.
- Flexible, enjoying a frequently changing environment.