About Flutter Entertainment Plc:
Flutter is a FTSE 30 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of c. £8bn. Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides its 18 million customers excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way. Brands include Paddy Power, Sky Betting & Gaming, Betfair, Tombola, Sportsbet, BetEasy, FoxBet, FanDuel, PokerStars and SISAL.
The group, built on a proven track record and brand leadership, is the largest online betting and gaming operator globally. This highly diversified international business benefits from proven cross-selling capabilities and leading technology platforms that enables it to build a strong core business and accelerate its international growth.
Our strategy is to deliver and defend gold medal positions in existing businesses as well as ensuring continued cultivation of an innovative mindset to capitalise on future potential opportunities. Our priorities are set out across four pillars and recognise the role Flutter plays as a responsible global leader by placing sustainability at the heart of everything we do with a sustainability strategy, our Positive Impact Plan.
Our four-pillar strategy will drive the growth of a more diversified and sustainable business:
- Grow our gold medal positions in core markets - focus on growing our recreational customer base efficiently, using local scale to unlock synergistic benefits across our core markets.
- Invest to win in the US - building on the gold medal FanDuel has won in the US we will extend our leadership position and continue to win as new states regulate.
- Build on our network and invest for leadership positions across international markets - buying and building podium positions across our international markets, we will combine global scale with local presence to deliver sustainable growth and maximise the network benefits of our poker and exchange products.
- Future – to create the future we will take early positions to realise the potential of future opportunities.
Reporting to the Group Treasurer and managing a team of 2, this role has strategic responsibility for treasury reporting, cash forecasting and the group’s central treasury operations. The role has a strong focus on enhancement & process improvement and will be heavily involved in project work.
The treasury function is making significant progress through a treasury transformation project, which includes the implementation of an in-house bank, enhancing treasury systems and the improving group’s underlying banking infrastructure. The in-house bank is based on a liquidity structure with virtual accounts and treasury will leverage this to further centralise treasury cash management and operations across the group. This transformation project is part of Flutter Treasury’s journey of continual improvement to be best in class treasury for a FTSE 30 organisation.
The role will monitor and report on treasury activity to different stakeholders up to main Board level. The role will work closely with treasury and finance colleagues across the group to understand cash movements and ensure that the group can utilise surplus funds in the most efficient way and minimise the group’s borrowing requirements. The role will drive efficiencies into the management of treasury operations.
The role is suited to individuals with strong reporting, forecasting & treasury operations experience, with strong technical ability, and demonstrable interpersonal, communication and networking skills. Extensive experience of corporate treasury in a large multinational company is essential.
Reporting & forecasting
- Manage the production of treasury daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly reporting & KPI’s across different internal & external stakeholder groups, including up to Board level
- Manage the group’s direct cashflow forecast, enhancing modelling in the TMS to streamline the process
- Ensure alignment of the treasury direct cashflow forecast with the group’s budget / plan / long term indirect cashflow forecast
- Manage the group’s quarterly debt servicing process, working closely with Tax & Group Finance
- Work closely with the treasury risk team on the group’s debt covenant compliance process
- Manage bank relationships with a primary focus on banks involved with payment and retail estate operations, and conduct fee negotiations
- Support retail in all banking related projects (e.g. card terminals) and work to enhance existing methods of cash funding into the retail estate
- Manage resolution of banking & processor issues
Settlements, confirmations & compliance
- Manage settlements for treasury transactions, M&A and debt & derivative transactions
- Collaborate with the Risk Management team to ensure that daily funding is in place to fund the group’s outflows across the organisation
- Manage the confirmation process for all treasury transactions, including process enhancements through system implementation
- Ensure treasury transactions are / have been executed in line with treasury policy and within agreed limits
- Further develop the treasury control environment to meet SOX compliance standards
- Management of projects to enhance efficiency of treasury operations across the group, including migration of treasury operations from other divisions.
Divisional control & compliance
- Work closely with divisions to ensure adequate funding is in place / ensure repatriation of surplus funds occurs on a timely basis
- Work with divisions to ensure compliance with divisional group treasury policy
Accounting & data integrity
- Perform / manage monthly / quarterly reconciliations to ensure alignment of the TMS with the group’s ERP
- Responsibility for ensuring TMS generates accounting entries to the ERP
- Leader of others
- Develops talent
- Drives engagement
- Drives results
- Plans and aligns
- Cultivates innovation
- Manages ambiguity
- Manages complexity
- Qualified accountant and treasury / banking professional, with relevant treasury experience.
- Proven people management experience.
- Ability to build good networks and relationships with internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to convey ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Flexible, enjoying a frequently changing environment with a positive attitude and desire to constantly improve.
- Proactivity and innovation – highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Exposure to the gaming industry, directly or via a bank, extremely advantageous.