Who are we?
We’re leading betting and gaming into the future by offering some of the most innovative brands in our industry and using the Flutter Edge. For us, it’s all about bringing entertainment to life for millions of customers in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
Our global scale means we can continue to invest to support our strategy and maintain our gold medal positions across local markets.
Flutter operates a range of global brands, including FanDuel, Sky Betting & Gaming, Sportsbet, PokerStars, Paddy Power, Sisal, tombola, Betfair, FOX Bet, TVG, Junglee Games and Adjarabet
The Group Legal and Commercial Function is tasked with the key objective of protecting the Flutter brand, its customers and shareholders. The function comprises a number of core areas including legal, risk, compliance and regulatory - including the Group strategy and roadmap for Safer Gambling – a key component of the Group’s strategy. The Function will influence the strategic direction of the Group’s four Divisions (US, Aus, UK/I and International) by setting the risk appetite and establishing the necessary governance, policies and standards to ensure our legal, risk, compliance (including data protection) and regulatory matters are managed in a robust and agile manner.
Senior Data Protection Executive:
The Group Data Protection team is responsible for facilitating the creation of a culture of data protection compliance, defining the Group’s data protection framework and data protection key requirements, and for monitoring and reporting on the management of Group data protection activities.
We are looking for a Senior Data Protection Executive to join our Group Data Protection team. The individual should have attained a qualification in data protection related technologies and privacy. They should have minimum 2-3 years privacy experience, being able to demonstrate both operational privacy capabilities.
The individual will be capable of working on their own initiative, owning tasks and delivering results through an autonomous matter. They will have collaboration skills working with and through colleagues and peers. The role will require working cross functionally and cross jurisdictionally daily, so cross jurisdiction privacy knowledge is preferred.
Reporting to the Group Data Protection Senior Manager, the Data Protection Senior Executive is responsible for assisting the Group Data Protection team in fulfilment of its daily operational responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Owning and maintaining the records of processing activities/ processing inventory for all departments across Group Functions.
- Maintaining the Group data protection risk register.
- Providing second line support to departments across Group Functions to operationalize and mitigate DP risks.
- Undertaking data protection impact assessments for Group Functions projects/suppliers and/or supporting with data protection assessments relevant to projects/suppliers impacting more than one division.
- Day to day advisory support for Group Functions i.e. employee/HR processing.
- Managing mailbox queries (internal and external).
- Collating quarterly cyber insurance related incidents and DP KRIs from divisions.
- Coordinating annual refresh Flutter DP training and providing ad hoc training as required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- CIPP/E or CIPM or equivalent privacy qualification;
- 2-3 years data privacy experience or equivalent experience in the areas of risk or compliance;
- Assertive and confident, able to operate credibly with senior stakeholders;
- Exceptional attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
- Solid presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment involving simultaneous, high-priority tasks;
- Strong process, technical and analytical skills, combined with strong commercial acumen;
- Well organised with the ability to plan, set objectives and priorities, complete tasks efficiently, and monitor and report on delivery;
- Robust analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills;
- Experience in documentary review, process management, ability to create reports and data analytics for senior management;
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in one or more of these fields: business/economics, project management, engineering, technology, strategy, quality, statistics, analytics or mathematics.
- Experience working in a compliance, audit/assurance, data protection, risk or similar function within a large enterprise.
- Proficiency with data analytics tools, including Microsoft Excel, with experience in writing formula and scripts, creating automation and producing reports.
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Visio) to analyse and present findings.
- BONUS POINTS for experience establishing, managing or monitoring data protection or data governance frameworks.
- BONUS POINTS for experience using, configuring and managing data protection or privacy Saas, tools such as OneTrust, TrustArc, Privaci, etc.
- BONUS POINTS Project management skills ( JIRA/ Confluence).
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.