Project Manager – Group Legal and Commercial Function 12Month FTC
We are considering applicants in – London/Leeds/Dublin
Style of work – Hybrid (Flexible)
As a project manager within the Group Legal and Commercial Function you will be responsible for driving and delivering some of the key strategic large-scale and most exciting projects being undertaken by the function. You will be responsible for planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion, and will be required to interact with a range of stakeholders across the business, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously. The ability to manage multiple types of projects will be key, as well as excellent communication and organisational skills. Commercial awareness, an ability to influence and other soft skills are important as the role will require engagement with a wide variety of audiences across the Flutter organisation and with key external stakeholders. If these are attributes that resonate with you, we'd love to hear from you!
Who are we?
We’re leading betting and gaming into the future by offering some of the most innovative brands in our industry and using the Flutter Edge. For us, fun is at the heart of what we are aiming to achieve, and our people are the key to ensuring our business is the most trusted and responsible brand ensuring our players get the maximum enjoyment; it’s all about bringing entertainment to life for millions of customers in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Our global scale means we can continue to invest to support our strategy and maintain our gold medal positions across local markets.
Our Brands: Flutter operates a range of global brands, including FanDuel, Sky Betting & Gaming, Sportsbet, PokerStars, Paddy Power, Betfair, Sisal, tombola, FOX Bet, TVG, Junglee Games and Adjarabet
What can you expect as part of your new role?
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work across various functional areas on various types of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress, manage changes to the project scope and schedule, analyse successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Document and understand key requirements from the business
- Develop tailored project plans where required by audience
- Lead medium-high complexity cross-functional and group-wide initiatives with little support required.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and reporting.
- Initiate actions in response to progress reports (achievement, productivity, and risk).
- Manage the relationship with all relevant stakeholders
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Identify future or potential pitfalls and create mitigation or contingency plans in a timely manner to remove obstacles.
- Host ‘lessons learned' sessions, identify improvement processes, share learnings and experience.
This might be for you if you have:
- Commercial experience in project management; ideally in a technology, business and/or a federated operating model
- Comfortable delivering projects using different methodologies, Agile or waterfall techniques
- Agile (Confluence / Jira), PRINCE2 or PMP certifications would be a distinct advantage
- Worked on projects using some or all the following technical fields: AWS Cloud Migration; Group Platform; Data Analytics; and business intelligence tooling
- Demonstrable experience working with multi-disciplinary project teams from different fields
- Managed suppliers and 3rd party teams working remotely/virtually would be an advantage
- Skilled in facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- An excellent communicator, dealing with a wide range of people at all levels communicating technical issues in clear language
- A leader of people, with the ability to motivate and instil vitality when needed
- Adept at identifying and addressing project impediments in a timely and effective way
- Flexible and resilient in a constantly evolving environment
Some things that set us apart: (For our UK/I locations, please ask for local benefits)
Our passion has helped us take the betting industry by storm. So we think it’s only fair that our people enjoy a set of excellent rewards for all their hard work:
- UK/I - Uncapped Holiday Allowance (you read that right!)
- Enhanced Pension Scheme (please ask for your location and we will share!)
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance, Income protection, Private healthcare (with option to add dependent)
- £1,000 annual self-development learning fund & Access to thousands of Udemy courses
- Invest via the Company Share save Scheme, Discount vouchers, Volunteering days.
- ‘Take 20’ work from another location for up to 20 days
- Enhanced Parental Leave Policy – eg. Maternity up to 52 weeks which includes paid time off for appointments.
- On-site Gym, Canteen and Gaming area
At Flutter we’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.
Our Work Experience is the combination of everything that's unique about us: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our commitment to sustainability, our recognition programs, but most importantly, it's our people. Our employees are self-disciplined, hardworking, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make choices according to what is best for the team, they live for opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make us one of the Top Workplaces in the area.
- Building support: Close relationships with all relevant stakeholders which can be used to draw their support towards the Group technology strategy and is effective in promoting a wider understanding of our strategic initiatives.
- Collaborative: Working in partnership with our stakeholders on shared goals. Consistently seeking out and facilitates the sharing of others' ideas and perspectives and positively impacting the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Adaptable: Understanding other perspectives and not hesitant to adapt an approach in order to achieve a successful outcome. Mostly effective in managing change through applying insights from others and lessons learned from others.
- Objective: Able to act with impartiality and remain fair in all situations. Often defines criteria and identifies all relevant perspectives before making a recommendation or decision.
- Strategic thinking: Demonstrates a good understanding of overall Group and Group Technology strategic objectives. Mostly able to apply strategic knowledge to specific initiatives and/or decision making. Can consider and explore scenarios and possibilities to help Divisions succeed.
- Strategic communication: Provides timely and helpful information to others. Able to flex communication style to meet the needs of various audiences (Divisions/locations). Mindful to listen to different perspectives and able to provide constructive feedback.