Indirect Tax Senior Manager
The Flutter Group Tax Team are managed by the Tax Director, who reports directly into the Group’s CFO, and leads a high profile tax function based in the Flutter Group’s offices in London, Dublin, Leeds and the Isle of Man. The Group, comprising of various well established brands such as Paddy Power, Betfair, SkyBet, PokerStars, FanDuel and Sportsbet, operates in a wide number of international locations. The Tax Team works closely with the business to manage the Group’s tax affairs across all locations and tax heads, encompassing compliance as well as structuring/advisory.
This role is part of the Indirect Tax Team (within the Group Tax Team), responsible for assisting with all aspects of the indirect tax for the Flutter Group. As part of your role, you will work closely with key stakeholders in the business, including Commercial teams, Group Finance as well as the wider Tax Team and Finance teams in the Group’s overseas jurisdictions.
This role will report directly to the Director of Indirect Tax.
- While we have a strong team responsible for the preparation of our VAT returns, gaining an overview and understanding of the process is essential along with identifying any potential process changes and completing the final review
- Managing tax queries or audits
- Identifying VAT risks and opportunities including advising the business on the indirect tax implications of
- New business activities/products along with designing and implementing appropriate procedures
- Partnering with the business to identify and manage tax risks predominantly in relation to business/fixed establishments
- Proactively promoting awareness of indirect tax issues across the Group and building relationships with key stakeholders in all jurisdictions to achieve that goal
- Identifying VAT opportunities and implementing VAT efficient structures
- Communicating advice effectively and clearly to stakeholders in the business and ensuring all advice is implemented correctly and in line with the Tax Team strategy
- Working closely with the Transfer Pricing team and Group Finance to ensure the operating model is implemented and accounted for correctly from a VAT perspective
- Proactively working with more junior members of the indirect tax team and guiding them with their own career growth. Working with the wider tax team to ensure good awareness of wider tax issues along with maintaining the strong team ethos
- Dealing with day to day indirect tax issues arising within the business ranging from VAT treatment of invoices to VAT technical analysis of complex issues and impact of case law
- Systems support from a VAT perspective
- Reviewing contracts from a VAT and duty perspective
- Managing tax advisor spend across all work and ensuring in line with budget
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualifed Tax Advisor;
- Experience working in a similar environment with a proven track record in indirect tax;
- Minimum 6 years post qualification experience working in tax would be an advantage;
- Accountancy qualification considered an advantage;
- Strong commercial awareness and acumen essential;
- Experience of partial exemption ;
- Experience of cross-border and international tax issues
- Collaboration - a team player who works effectively with others across the business to get things done;
- Communication – ability to communicate successfully across a range of channels and non-finance audiences, with an ability to tailor information to the relevant recipients;
- Leadership – experienced with management, coaching and delegation in respect of more junior colleagues;
- Nimble learning – demonstrates agility and flexiblity; learns quickly when faced with new situations;
- Results driven - well organised and thorough, with close attention to detail and a proactive drive for continuous improvement;
- Proactive – takes ownership of workstreams, ensures timely delivery to a high standard, willing to challenge the team on tax issues where appropriate, and manages expectations of stakeholders.