Flutter Entertainment is a FTSE30 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of >£7bn.
The Senior Group Accountant plays a key role in the delivery of external and internal reporting across the Flutter Group in line with IFRS and best industry practice.
With this role, you will gain unique insight and knowledge in respect of the overall group as well as having direct exposure to senior management.
This important role manages the delivery of financial information across the group including group revenue reporting and is a key contact for and provides important direction to the Group’s overseas offices and operations
The role will also support the implementation of all reporting process improvements to deliver enhanced financial information to internal and external stakeholders, which evolves with business needs and consistently exceeds expectations.
Strong analytical focus and reporting experience are essential for this role. In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and solid experience of building and maintaining strong and productive working relationships with a broad range of demanding business customers and across the wider Finance community.
These elements will be combined with a proven ability to deliver results, by collaborating with colleagues and peers, both cross functionally and cross jurisdictionally.
Group Accounting, Financial Reporting & Business Support
- Production and delivery of weekly and monthly reports for ExCo and CFO
- Support all Group management reporting processes including the monthly management accounts close
- Development and maintenance of the Group General Ledger and the Group Chart of Accounts to ensure that they continually evolve to meet business needs
- Ensure compliance with Group Balance Sheet Reconciliations Policy
- Continuously improve the monthly close process and related outputs, working with different finance teams
- Assist in the production of Annual and Interim published financial reports in accordance with IFRS in association with other key finance personnel, meeting demanding Stock Exchange and Combined Code requirements
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for Flutter plc and its subsidiaries to tight deadlines in accordance with IFRS and FRS 101
- Liaise with subsidiary finance teams in relation to month end reporting and various other tasks
- Perform specific ad-hoc reviews and other tasks as required.
- Liaise with group external auditors to ensure timely efficient audit completion.
- Proactively identify and implement key projects and processes for automation and improvement
Key Skills & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with strong academic credentials (e.g. honours degree) experience gained in industry or practice, preferably in a plc / multi-national environment
- Solid experience of managing delivery of reports to senior stakeholders
- An ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of tight reporting deadlines.
- Good team player but should be able to work independently.
- A driven, energetic and proactive individual who has a desire for continuous improvement and advancement.
- A highly motivated, organised, professional team player
- Strong process, technical and analytical skills, combined with strong commercial acumen and good interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills: the ability to accurately and briefly identify key issues and communicate them broadly
- High energy and drive, and flexible enough to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environment and the resilience to challenge/be challenged
- Assertive and confident, operating credibly with senior stakeholders.