Treasury Analyst - Front Office
About Flutter Entertainment:
Flutter is a FTSE 30 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of £6bn. Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides its 13 million customers excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way. Brands include Paddy Power, Sky Betting and Gaming, Betfair, Tombola, Sportsbet, BetEasy, Foxbet, FanDuel, SISAL and PokerStars.
The combined group, built on a proven track record and brand leadership, is the largest online betting and gaming operator globally. This highly diversified business benefits from proven cross-selling capabilities and leading technology platforms that will enable it to build a strong core business and accelerate its international growth.
Flutter operates in a large and growing market where online penetration sits currently at 11% and with growth predicted at 11%. This merger provides the moment to capitalise on change in a highly regulated sector that is evolving at pace. Being at the forefront of technology and maintaining best-in-class responsible gaming will lead to an enhanced customer proposition, faster revenue growth and increased scale and flexibility.
To achieve this, Flutter will accelerate its four-pillar strategy to grow a more diversified and sustainable business:
- Maximise profitable growth in core markets
- Grow its business in the rest of the world
- Attain podium positions in additional regulated markets
- Pursue the US opportunity rigorously
Reporting to the Head of Treasury – Risk Management, the role will be responsible for Flutter Entertainment Plc's cash management and deal execution processes. This role is suited to individuals with strong technical ability, knowledge of corporate treasury instruments, and have demonstrable interpersonal, communication and networking skills. Experience of cash management, the execution and management of treasury instruments in a large multinational corporate or bank is essential.
- Collaborating with the Banking Operations team, ensure that Flutter Group’s funds are in the right place and the right currency to fund the group’s outflows across the whole organisation.
- Perform daily cash management, FX dealing, investment of surplus corporate and player funds for the group, inputting trades and generating associated trade settlements
- Assist with the development of cash management structures to assist with the centralisation of liquidity from group companies.
- Collaborate with the Banking Operations & Reporting team to ensure that direct cashflow forecasting is regularly updated in the Treasury Management System (TMS).
- Assist with quarterly & discretionary debt servicing & related derivatives / Routing / Settlement / Coordination of legal process
- Assist with management and development of the group's FX hedging programme including identification of exposures, trade execution and performing programme effectiveness review
- Maintain Bloomberg derivative valuation models
- Manage the groups intercompany loans, working closely with the Tax team
- Monitor the group's investments, ensuring maximisation of interest income within treasury policy parameters
- Stay current with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with members of the wider Treasury function
- Identify and escalate treasury interest rate, FX and counterparty risks and work with the Treasury Manager, Front Office to mitigate and report
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Drives engagement
- Drives results
- Plans and aligns
- Cultivates innovation
- Manages complexity
- Studying for professional accounting or treasury exams, with at least 3 years of relevant treasury or banking experience.
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships with internal and external parties.
- Working knowledge of banking systems and Treasury management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to convey ideas in both technical and layman's terms.
- Flexible, enjoying a frequently changing environment with a positive attitude and desire to constantly improve.
- Proactivity and innovation – highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Exposure to the gaming industry, directly or via a bank, extremely advantageous.