Direct Tax Advisory Senior Manager – Maternity Cover
The Flutter Group Tax Team are managed by the Tax Director, who reports directly into the Group’s CFO, and leads a high profile tax function based in the Flutter Group’s offices in London, Dublin, Leeds and the Isle of Man. The Group, comprising of various well established brands such as Paddy Power, Betfair, SkyBet, PokerStars, FanDuel and Sportsbet, operates in a wide number of international locations. The Tax Team works closely with the business to manage the Group’s tax affairs across all locations and tax heads, encompassing compliance as well as structuring/advisory.
This role is part of the Direct Tax Advisory Team (within the Group Tax Team), responsible for assisting with all aspects of the direct tax strategy for the Flutter Group. As part of your role, you will work closely with key stakeholders in the business, including Commercial teams, Group Finance and Treasury as well as the wider Tax Team and Finance teams in the Group’s overseas jurisdictions.
This role will report directly to the Direct Tax Director - Advisory.
- Leading the Tax Advisory team in the implementation global tax planning projects in line with Flutter Group strategy, coordinating with the wider Tax Team and key internal stakeholders
- Managing and implementing tax input into Treasury processes and procedures, including Group financing arrangements, refinancing, debt servicing, cash management and profit repatriation
- Proactively identifying tax risks and opportunities within the Group, and designing and implementing appropriate procedures as a result
- Partnering with the business to identify and manage international tax risks including permanent establishment, withholding taxes and other local tax requirements
- Identifying the tax implications of new products and services as the Group grows to ensure they are compliant with local tax requirements
- Managing tax advisor spend across all work and ensuring in line with budget
- Communicating advice effectively and clearly to stakeholders in the business and ensuring all advice is implemented correctly and in line with the Tax Team strategy
- Proactively promoting awareness of tax issues across the Group and building relationships with key stakeholders in all jurisdictions to achieve that goal
- Co-ordinating and leading tax input into Group M&A activity, including tax due diligence, commentary on structuring, and managing the tax implications and requirements post project completion
- Leading tax workstreams for the integration of new businesses, identifying and managing potential risks, designing appropriate structures in accordance with the Tax Team strategy
- Management of tax aspects of international growth into new jurisdictions
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualifed as a Chartered Tax Advisor;
- Experience working in a similar environment with a proven track record in tax, notably tax advisory;
- Minimum 6 years post qualification experience working in tax would be an advantage;
- Accountancy qualification considered an advantage;
- Strong commercial awareness and acumen essential;
- Understanding of financing considerations and issues;
- Experience of cross-border and international tax issues.
- Collaboration - a team player who works effectively with others across the business to get things done;
- Communication – ability to communicate successfully across a range of channels and non-finance audiences, with an ability to tailor information to the relevant recipients;
- Leadership – experienced with management, coaching and delegation in respect of more junior colleagues;
- Nimble learning – demonstrates agility and flexiblity; learns quickly when faced with new situations;
- Results driven - well organised and thorough, with close attention to detail and a proactive drive for continuous improvement;
- Proactive – takes ownership of workstreams, ensures timely delivery to a high standard, willing to challenge the team on tax issues where appropriate, and manages expectations of stakeholders.