Senior Java Developer – Hammersmith / Dublin based - hybrid approach to WFH and the office
We’re currently looking for a talented Java/ Scala developers to join our Global Sports Tennis Team. Our Tennis Trading platform and its Pricing Model drives content to over 20 brands worldwide for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of its transactions in less than a second.
Our Tennis platform simulates full events using cutting-edge data science techniques, doing so thousands of times per millisecond. We maintain a large-scale, parallel, high-throughput system that calculate thousands of odds for our customers around the globe.
- Support the department’s Production systems
- Troubleshoot and debug real-time development issues
- Design and develop trading applications that meet both functional and non-functional requirements
- Write high quality, maintainable code using best industry standards
- Contribute to design/architecture discussions & decisions
- Lead/mentor more junior engineers
- Take technical ownership for applications
- Be flexible to changing requirements and priorities, while managing own task list and time
- Be a team player – put the team above the individual and take responsibility for the team’s reputation
- Effectively communicate within the team and showcase the team’s successes within the department
- Contribute to the on-going evolution and continuous improvement of the department
- Strong commercial experience working with Java or Scala
- Experience in AWS or other public cloud provider
- A solid understanding of design patterns
- Exposure to build pipelines and automated production deployment systems
- Exposure to messaging systems, e.g. RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience with automated unit, integration and end-to-end testing.
The following are not required, but are advantageous:
- Experience of AKKA
- An understanding of probability.
- Experience developing parallel systems
- Knowledge of gaming and an interest in sport
- Experience in financial trading systems, derivatives, etc.
- Experience developing distributed systems
- Experience developing and fine-tuning software that scales
- proven experience with parallel programming in C#: synchronization, TPL, multithreading and async/await,
Ways of working:
We are an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds. Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.
Looking for a remote role? Let's chat – we're open to discussing remote working for all our live jobs.