Position name: Senior Group Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Department: Group Finance
Context & Purpose of the Role
Flutter Entertainment is a FTSE30 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of >£7bn.
With this role, you will gain unique insight and knowledge in respect of the overall group as well as having direct exposure to senior management.
This important role is a key contact for the Group’s overseas offices playing an important role in the month end close and also the delivery of financial information across the group. The role will also play a major part in ensuring that all intercompany charges and balances are recorded in line with the Group’s transfer pricing policy and various other management agreements.
The role will also support the implementation of all reporting process improvements to deliver enhanced financial information to internal and external stakeholders, which evolves with business needs and consistently exceeds expectations.
Strong analytical focus and reporting experience are essential for this role. In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and solid experience of building and maintaining strong and productive working relationships with a broad range of demanding business customers and across the wider finance community.
- Preparation of intercompany reporting and improvement of processes around intercompany
- Production & delivery of monthly reports for the Board, ExCo and CFO
- Support all Group management reporting processes including the monthly management accounts close and intercompany process
- Continuous development of reports to meet senior management requirements
- Continuously improve the monthly close process and related outputs, working with different finance teams
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for Flutter plc and its subsidiaries to tight deadlines in accordance with IFRS and FRS 101
- Work with tax ensure completeness of transfer pricing and cross charges across each of the Group entities
- Production of Annual and Interim published financial reports in accordance with IFRS in association with other key finance personnel, meeting demanding Stock Exchange and Combined Code requirements
- Liaise with subsidiary finance teams in relation to month end reporting and various other tasks
- Development and maintenance of the Group General Ledger and the Group Chart of Accounts to ensure that they continually evolve to meet business needs
- Research and conclude on technical accounting issues which impact the Group
- Identify and implement key projects and processes for automation and improvement
Key Skills & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with strong academic credentials (e.g. honours degree) experience gained in industry or practice, preferably in a plc / multi-national environment
- Solid experience of managing delivery of internal Financial Management Accounts (to a broad and diverse range of revenue and cost centres)
- Experience of a plc environment and Oracle and Hyperion financial systems would all be desirable
- Retail, e-commerce and/or betting and gaming industry experience would be a distinct advantage
- A highly motivated, organised, professional, team player
- Strong process, technical and analytical skills, combined with commercial acumen and good interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills: the ability to accurately and briefly identify key issues and communicate them broadly
- High energy and drive, and flexible enough to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environment and the resilience to challenge/be challenged
- Good working knowledge of word and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Assertive and confident, operating credibly with senior stakeholders
Flutter Entertainment is a FTSE100 global leader in online and retail sports betting, gaming and entertainment with over 14 million customers worldwide. We pride ourselves on being a responsible operator committed to making a positive contribution to the communities we operate within. Across the globe we employ over 14,000 people in over 20 offices and over 600 retail sites.
Flutter brands include Paddy Power, Sky Betting & Gaming, Betfair, Sportsbet, FoxBet, FanDuel, and PokerStars.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.