Product Owner – Global Trading Tribe
Reports to: GTT Product Delivery Manager Location: Europe
The Global Trading Tribe (GTT) is part of the Flutter Group division and works with all the Flutter brands to deliver game-changing and scalable Risk & Trading products that can benefit the whole group, allowing brands to leverage each other’s innovation efforts and to act on rich global insights to minimise their risk exposure.
The GTT Product Owner reports to the GTT Product Delivery Manager and works in partnership with an Engineering Manager, to lead the product perspective within a squad. With the support of a Product Manager, they are accountable for managing a product or set of products through the entire Product Development Lifecycle and for running those products after delivery.
Product Development Lifecycle: The Product Owner will lead a squad through each of the stages of the tribe product creation process, from ideation and strategic alignment right through to build and evolution.
Run of Products: The Product Owner will monitor the performance of the products and support users by answering product queries and providing training when necessary.
This role requires exceptional communication skills, as interaction and engagement with senior management will be a regular aspect of the role.
Who you are:
- You have experience taking a product from ideation to delivery and then to evaluation, and with using OKRs to guide the direction of the product throughout.
- You have worked with Engineering squads in the past and can understand technical challenges and constraints.
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and complex backend systems don’t intimidate you.
- You understand the importance of breaking work down into small and valuable deliverables, experimenting and learning fast.
- You know how to define a problem, generate and prioritise ideas with stakeholders & engineers, design experiments for hypothesis testing, plan small deliverables and make sure the squad has all it needs to develop the product.
- At the end of the development, you are comfortable measuring the outcome and making data-driven decisions on what to do next.
- You excel at demoing your products, collecting feedback and working with users to embed new features into their day-to-day jobs.
- In partnership with the Product Manager, you can measure the progress of your squad's OKRs and report it to stakeholders.
- Representative of the customer at the squad level. Maintains a deep expertise of their product/capabilities and the business context in which they operate.
- Conveys the strategic direction for the product/capabilities to the squad, distilling this into requirements for iterations of change, approving the results, and monitoring progress towards OKRs.
- Monitors the performance of product/capabilities, ensuring that users are able to meet their goals and taking action when not.
- Ensures balance in backlog between competing priorities, under direction of value stream leadership.
- Acts as point of contact to receive problems/opportunities related to owned product/capabilities.
- Analyses ideas received from across tribe, stakeholders and users; ensures thorough problem definition, alignment to OKRs and value estimation.
- Discusses problem/opportunity with Engineers and Architects to estimate complexity.
- Prioritises ideas into roadmap based on ROI, ensuring balance between competing priorities under direction of value stream leadership.
- Breaks down epics into user stories with clear acceptance criteria.
- Monitors and evaluate product / capability KPIs and feedback.
- Works closely with the other POs in the value stream to ensure alignment of roadmaps and understanding of dependencies.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a business or technology discipline
- Proven experience in a similar product role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and/or interest in Sports and Betting
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to relate to product, business, design, and technical specialists