Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting Manager
Maternity cover – 9-12 month contract
The Tax Team are managed by the Tax Director who reports directly into the group’s CFO and leads a high profile tax function based in the Flutter Group’s offices in London, Dublin, Leeds and the Isle of Man. The Group operates in a wide number of international locations. The Tax Team works closely with the business to manage the Group’s tax affairs.
This role will be primarily responsible for all aspects of the Irish Direct tax compliance and reporting for the Flutter Group. As part of your role, you will work closely with Group Finance, Group Reporting and other key stakeholders in the business such as members of the Commercial teams, as well as Finance teams in the Group’s overseas jurisdictions.
- Responsible for overseeing the tax disclosures for local Irish financial statement reporting and Irish tax returns for the Flutter Group
- Shared responsibility of the delivery of global tax compliance, reporting and budgetary requirements on a timely basis
- Take ownership of the tax calculations for external reporting purposes and supporting the Direct Tax effective tax rate management strategy set by the Tax Director
- Manage Irish employment tax and global mobility requirements such as share scheme reporting requirements and managing the STBV rules
- Proactively identifying tax risks and tax saving opportunities within the group
- Assistance with the preparation of advice to be shared with stakeholders in the business and ensuring all advice is implemented correctly and in line with the Tax team strategy
- Lead and manage local tax issues including:
- Proactively promoting of awareness of tax issues across the group and building relationships with key stakeholders in all jurisdictions to achieve that goal;
- Assisting with all Finance, HR, Legal and managed payroll service team queries
- Ensuring a close working relationship with HR to ensure the Group’s employment tax and social security obligations are met, including the identification and implementation of employment tax policies and procedures
- Building strong relationships with tax advisors and Irish Revenue
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified tax professional (accounting qualification) with 4 or more years post qualified experience, ideally including time in an in-house tax manager role.
- Excellent IFRS accounting and tax reporting knowledge.
- Good international corporate tax experience, such as CFCs and CBCR reporting
- Good knowledge of the evolving tax environment following BEPS and subsequent EU and OECD proposals.
- Ability to distil complex tax technical situations into practical and implementable guidance for management
- Experience of managing teams, supporting and aiding their development and developing relationships with external advisors, group auditors and tax authorities
- Confident, with good communication skills, and able to readily gain the confidence of the business teams and Group management.
- Collaborates - Is a team player and works with others across the business to get things done
- Communicates Effectively - Communicate effectively across a range of channels and non finance audiences
- Nimble Learning - Is agile and flexible. Learns quickly when faced with new situations
- Drives Results - well organised and thorough, with close attention to detail and a proactive drive for continuous improvement
- Proactive – takes ownership of workstreams, ensures timely delivery to a high standard and manages expectations of stakeholders