Flutter Entertainment Group (FLTR)
Location: UK / Ireland
As part of the Group Strategy Architecture function, the Strategy Architect will contribute significantly to the success the group, working with architects and stakeholders all across the Flutter group to evolve the architectural strategy for the groups platforms and brands
- Develop and gain agreement on target architectures and operating modes of all of the group’s strategic platforms
- Work with platform owners to develop target architectures and roadmap views for all of the Flutter-Tech owned strategic platforms
- Ensure a vibrant and well-functioning architecture community across the Flutter group including cross-divisional architecture processes
- Ensure clarity through the creation and communication of high quality artifacts which communicate the strategy and targets
Building Support - We establish close relationships with our stakeholders, underpinned by trust, integrity and respect. We are able to build awareness, understanding and positive momentum behind the Group technology strategy, often without being in a position to assert authority.
Objective - We are impartial and unbiased, ensuring equal treatment for all and that decisions taken are based on objective criteria.
Collaboration - We work effectively and in partnership with our stakeholders on shared goals that align towards the achievement of the Group technology strategy. We foster a collaborative environment and assume the role of leader when required.
Adaptable - We understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue and are able to adapt our approach in order to achieve a successful outcome.
Strategic Thinking - We think about the big picture and use that perspective to support our Divisions to achieve competitive advantage through greater agility, faster time to market and a better customer experience.
Strategic Communication - We are proactive and considered in our approach to stakeholder communications. We actively listen, provide constructive feedback and help others to consider new perspectives.
- A broad and deep knowledge of the technologies supporting a modern online business and how they are applied to best effect
- Significant experience in an architecture or enterprise architecture role in a high paced organisation of significant scale
- Ability to work with a wide variety of technical contributors to develop a high fidelity understanding of the overall operating platforms.
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders across a variety of disciplines, locations and seniority levels.
- A relationship builder and motivator who will thrive on working closely with internal teams and external parties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, flexible, adaptable, change oriented
- Ability to work to exacting deadlines
- Strong analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills
About Flutter Entertainment:
Flutter is a FTSE 40 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of £4bn. Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides its 13 million customers excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way. Brands include Paddy Power, Sky betting and gaming, Betfair, Sportsbet, BetEasy, Foxbet, FanDuel, and PokerStars.
The newly combined group, built on a proven track record and brand leadership, will be the largest online betting and gaming operator globally. This highly diversified business will benefit from proven cross-selling capabilities and leading technology platforms that will enable it to build a strong core business and accelerate its international growth.
Flutter operates in a large and growing market where online penetration sits currently at 11% and with growth predicted at 11%. This merger provides the moment to capitalise on change in a highly regulated sector that is evolving at pace. Being at the forefront of technology and maintaining best-in-class responsible gaming will lead to an enhanced customer proposition, faster revenue growth and increased scale and flexibility.
To achieve this, Flutter will accelerate its four-pillar strategy to grow a more diversified and sustainable business:
- Maximise profitable growth in core markets
- Grow its business in the rest of the world
- Attain podium positions in additional regulated markets
- Pursue the US opportunity rigorouslyz
The formation of a new Group Technology Function for the combined business offers exciting opportunities for enhanced and strategically important roles to work together to transform this sector.