Want to help Change the Game? Flutter Entertainment is the world’s leading online sports betting and gaming operator, with innovative global brands bringing entertainment to life for millions of customers, every day. We are playing for an exciting future - £8bn annual revenue, FTSE 100 company, £25bn market capitalisation – and we are just getting started.
We believe in doing things differently. Challenging norms, breaking down barriers and never settling. And we are constantly moving forward with boundless creativity and unrelenting pace to change the game, whether that is through our individual brands such as Paddy Power, Sky Betting & Gaming, FanDuel or at scale as Flutter Group.
About the Role:
You will be at the coalface of designing, building, and transforming the risk management model for a major global organisation, which has trebled its revenue in three years and is looking ahead with major strategic ambitions. Your role will reside within the Group Risk team, part of the Flutter Group Legal & Commercial Function which aims to power and protect everyone and everywhere within our organisation. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to be curious, proactive and innovative. Join us and make a difference with a career at Flutter.
As a Risk Manager, you will have the opportunity to channel your analytical and innovative mindset; be part of our evolving journey to develop our risk strategy, enhance our enterprise risk framework and deliver existing and new initiatives. The Group and our team are both on an exciting journey of continued growth which provides limitless short, medium, and long term career potential. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from expert stakeholders from across our organisation, contributing to key activities and a diverse portfolio of projects.
Flutter is a place for ambitious people to really make their mark, our industry-leading development opportunities and global footprint can help you experience a variety of working environment and realise your full growth potential. With risk being at the heart of our business, you will play a key role in leading betting and gaming into the future with all the support to explore endless career opportunities.
Key Responsibilities :
- Collaborating with the business to identify and manage risks, including bi-annual risk assessments, horizon scanning and deep dives into risk topics.
- Supporting the mitigation and management of risks through building an understanding of the control environment and it’s effectiveness across our global business lines, ensuring monitoring, escalation, and appropriate mitigation of identified exposures that exceed our risk appetite.
- Supporting senior management, the board and our executives through insightful reporting to governance fora to monitor our risk profile, building risk toolkits, metrics and dashboards.
- Assisting the development of our enterprise risk framework, and execution of the framework across divisions, brands, business lines and geographies.
- Partnering with the wider business to participate and support in rolling out key risk frameworks such as enhanced risk event management.
- Supporting in enhancing our risk culture across the organisation & offering risk trainings / guidance materials where appropriate.
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in a similar role or industry operating in a fast paced and high performing commercial environment preferred. A third level qualification (degree or similar) in a relevant subject.
- Technical Expertise : A solid understanding of enterprise, operational, financial or investment risk management in a fast paced commercial environment is required. Candidates with experience ins related disciplines (e.g. Internal Audit, Assurance, Product Control, second line risk management, first line control functions) will also be considered. A passion for understanding complex problems, and tailoring simple solutions is essential. An understanding of sports betting risk management or equivalent highly advantageous.
- Analytics : Strong ability to translate data sets logically into stories and tailor them for different audiences and purposes using Microsoft Office, PowerBI or other reporting tools; Programming languages such as SQL, Python an advantage but not essential.
- Communication : Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complicated matters in simple language.
- Team Player : A people person who enjoys being part of a dynamic team, good at relationship building but also comfortable having difficult conversations when needed to get work done.
- Game Changer: Open-minded and not afraid to challenge the way things are done in order to solve problems and improve. Eager to be a part of an environment where diversity and different ways of thinking are nurtured to promote curiosity that drives innovation.
- Action oriented: Someone who gets things done, who thrives in fast paced, exciting and innovative workplaces, and who loves to build things from the ground up and have real impact in one of the most exciting businesses in the world.
- Resilient : Curious, resilient, determined and can quickly adapt in crises and temporary setbacks to find a way forward, and calm under pressure.
- Business acumen: Proven ability to understand and connect the dots between business objectives, risk, and the realities of a commercial, growth-focused business. An awareness of emerging trends, business drivers and strategic plans.
Flutter Way of Life:
Life at Flutter is super-charged . There are always new spaces, markets, and opportunities to explore, ways to support and empower our brands and things we can do to make sure every stakeholder is satisfied.
We put our people first – that is a promise we make to everyone that walks through our doors. Our innovative training and development opportunities are designed around your needs and goals, challenging you to be better and helping Flutter to become even stronger.
We believe that diversity is power. Our global team represents 75 different nationalities, speaking
62 languages across five continents. We celebrate and champion our differences and believe in creating a level playing field for all. A playing field that has fair odds for everyone, where people feel empowered to work better in an environment that not only values difference but draws on it.