The role of Senior Finance Systems Analyst is responsible for maintaining and developing the Group's consolidated reporting system (Oracle EPM), working with Finance teams across the Group as well as the IT Department. The Senior Analyst will ensure that current reporting requirements continue to be met and will be responsible for incremental development work. The role will also support the reporting teams in troubleshooting issues encountered during monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles and will act as a subject matter resource, providing training where required.
The successful candidate will also play an instrumental role in Flutter's Finance System transformation project about to commence, which will involve migrating the current on-premise Planning solution to Oracle EPM Cloud as well as expanding it to include additional Consolidation, Tax, Account Reconciliation modules.
- Finance consolidation system administration, planning and supporting implementing incremental change initiatives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the systems, related architecture and processes directly involving Finance across the Group including inputs and outputs to the processes.
- Master data management and development and maintenance of reports and related input forms, including updates required for annual IFRS disclosures and regulatory reporting.
- Providing support to Finance user community and troubleshooting issues
- Engage with relevant projects to ensure business readiness and smooth handover from project to business-as-usual.
- Liaise with the Finance teams across the Group to identify and design incremental system improvements critical to developing the processes owned by or involving Group and local Finance teams.
- Preparation and maintenance of clear documentation of relevant processes, procedures and control
- Develop excellent working relationships across the Group to ensure quality service to internal customers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proactivity and innovation - capacity to take the initiative to identify improvements in processes and assist management in implementation
- Proven experience in development and implementation of process improvement in a similar environment, any experience in transitioning to Oracle EPM Cloud solution an advantage.
- Qualified accountant with experience in financial accounting, reporting and consolidation highly desirable.
- Considerable experience of working within an accounting environment including development of financial reporting systems, procedures and controls. Highly numerate and analytical, with ability to interpret and present data clearly.
- Have excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) with a strong appreciation of general ledger and consolidation systems, In particular advanced Excel and a good understanding of databases, data uploads, extraction, and interfaces with other systems.
- Experience with relational & multidimensional databases
- Experience with EPM Systems (Hyperion/Onestream/Anaplan/Adaptive Insight/IBM Cognos/SAP BPC) implementation and support
- Good understanding of data warehousing, ETL, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data principles and Data Visualization
- Advanced knowledge of ETL tools (e.g. ODI, Informatica PowerCenter, SSIS, DataStage etc.); Expertise in process design, improvement and automation.